Monday, May 04, 2009

I Love It When a Plan Comes Together!

1983 had George Peppard, Mr. T and the "A-Team". Every show had a complicated task, careful planning, a million things that could go wrong, lots of improvisation and ultimately success. Of course nothing ever went according to plan. At the end of every show George Peppard lit up a big cigar and said "I love it when a plan comes together" as the rest of team shook their heads and rolled their eyes (Mr. T growled and grunted a lot). If you've followed the Yalbac saga for the past two years you get the connection.


Yesterday we drank clean water, prayers of thanks we're raised, children sang, speeches were made and a few tears were shed. For me the biggest "Hallelujah" moment is captured in the pictures below. After the ceremony / service I was prepared to play tour guide and explain the water treatment system to the villagers and guests. I got myself a glass of punch and to my joy and surprise, Mirna had gathered Victor Tut and a group of villagers to explain the system.




A few minutes later she was joined by Harrison inside the building. They were speaking in Spanish but it appeared that they were sharing the explanation tasks equally.


We leave tomorrow. The system is now theirs. Whether they have clean water in the future is now up to them. With God's help I have no doubt they'll do it.


Let Clean Water Flow!

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The weather in east Tennessee has cleared. I think this is a good thing, an omen, a message, a declaration for your safe return after a job well done. - Jim Tonne