Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday morning

It’s raining. I was surprised at how much rain could come down on the cabin roof and not get me wet walking under the trees. I was awakened again at 4:15 this morning by the howler monkeys. They were some distance away, and the sound reminded me of the sounds in my youth of the baying of the hounds all night long during possum hunting season.

We put together the filtration system at the Octavia Waight nursing home yesterday, but we ran out of time before we got it functional. We are planning a dedication ceremony Saturday morning. It is exciting to be so close to fruition of this project that has been incubating for the last four years.

I finally got to my letters from home last night, and when I started reading I almost couldn’t stop. It was great to hear from home. I was touched and humbled by your expressions of support and love. I think how privileged I am to be here. You have great faith to be so supportive of work among people you have never met in a place you have never seen – I guess that’s what faith is about. I hope I am being a good representative of your love for God’s work among the people we interact with.

Peace and love to all,
Chuck

1 comment:

Jim Tonne said...

Chuck and all:

Please rest assured that you are all in our thoughts and prayers! It is so nice to hear about what is going on, the trials, the successes, the interaction with the locals. We await your return :-)

- Jim Tonne