Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday morning

Today begins overcast and a bit gloomy, but with hints of clear sky. This should be a big day for the water project: we expect to install the treatment system at the Octavia Waight nursing home in San Ignacio.

I have enjoyed the wildlife, as usual. Sunday night we were treated to a pretty intimidating vocal battle between two troops of howler monkeys. As I listened, I thought that even though I knew they were some safe distance away, if they wanted that territory, I wouldn’t go there. Monday night was quiet, but I was awakened at 5:30 Tuesday morning by their song. Last night we had rain, which was pleasant on our metal roof, but it kept the animals quiet.

Dan and Dale and Sherith and I went to San Ignacio yesterday. It is always a blessing to be with Sherree and Aki Fukai, who have been our water contacts and friends since 2007. It’s wonderful to feel like we’re coming home to a familiar place and familiar people.

I have really enjoyed being in a closer setting with our teenagers. I hadn’t know Russell well and have had a lot of fun with him and the others.

We are gathering for worship, so I’ll close. Blessings to you all and thanks for your prayers.

Chuck

1 comment:

Dave M. said...

Chuck,
Here's a small world. I'm walking back from the coffee pot just now and a woman shouts "Dave, do you know someone named Sherry in the Rotary in Belize". This woman, Brenda Campbell, was in San Ignacio less than two weeks ago on a trip with a local Rotary looking to establish international outreach. Brenda mentioned her ORNL connection and Sherry mentioned me. We travel to PA to make our pitch to Rotary, now we possibly have a connection around here.