Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wednesday

Today was the last day of medical clinic in Armenia, the clinic was fairly small we only saw 21 people. We saw several men today. The slower pace of clinic allowed me time to talk more with the mothers. One of the mothers was giving her year old child a bottle of sugared coffee! The additional time allowed me to ask her what she was giving her child. Over the period of time we have seen one very sick little girl, a child with malnutrition from worms, and several children with draining ear infections. I was grateful that we had the medications to treat them. We also saw an 89 year old woman with severe arthritis her hands, feet and knees were deformed and she complained of pain. We were able to give her Ibuprofen because the team contributed their own medications. I had given out all the Ibuprofen and Tylenol I had. It was cough and cold season and many of these people cannot even buy aspirin. It was a blessing to be able to give these medications. Odelia and Filberta the community nurses asked if I could give a public talk on asthma and scabies. It was an answer to my prayer, because I had wanted to do more health education. The people volunteers who staffed the clinic have done a fantastic job. They made the clinic successful. Tomorrow we will be working at the orphanage with the children there.

Dale

No comments: